Sunday, November 1, 2009

Setting goals

So I've been living here long enough to say that I feel comfortable here. Things to accomplish before I leave Spain.

1. Run run run

As I mentioned in a previous post, I detest running. However, it's one of the best kind of exercises out there, it's free, and I see results. Sooo, I'm making it a goal to go running at least three times a week for no less than 30 minutes each time and to enter into another race. Today I started on my running kick, and really surprised myself by running 45 minutes or so. Dare I say that I rather enjoyed that run.

Extra motivation: My sister lost 13 lbs and is putting me to shame.

2. Go to a concert (featuring a Spanish artist)

I'd really like to go to a Dani Flaco concert, but I don't know if that's possible. That just means that I'll have to find another artist that I like who's having a concert. I wouldn't mind seeing Julio de la Rosa.

3. Go to Galicia

I don't know why, but I'm dying to go there.

4. Go to Portugal

Another place that is calling my name.

5. Go to Morocco

Methinks that I just want to be able to say that I've been to Africa. Seriously though, I've heard that Morocco is cool and I would like to determine that for myself.

6. Learn Spanish

This is perhaps the most important goal of mine. How will I determine that I've learned Spanish? Why I can understand all the slang that the kids are using. Also, when I fully participate in conversations around me. Aaaaand, when 95% of the verbs I use are conjugated correctly. And, when I reduce my American accent.

7. Find something to do for next year that allows me to pay off student loans, live outside the country, and be happy.

Right now, this one seems like a tall order.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, you don't need to loose 15 pounds! I am proud of you...45 minutes! Amazing! I can see you have mastered the running pace. You will kick my butt next time we run. Your Spanish is great girl, so don't stress! Please, porfis te lo pido, do not pick up the Spanish accent. Just remember which two countries have the most Spanish speakers ;)

    Echale ganas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, so you have a blog now! Haha about the accent thing. And about beating you in running, doubt it. You were always the better runner and you have years of experience on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, so you don't really have a blog. Please start one so I can keep up with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good :o) I'm learning to appreciate running, just starting with small steps though. Your list of things to accomplish is what I would love to do now!

    ReplyDelete